Sunday 30 September 2018

Watercolor

Carnaúba dos Dantas - Brazil
Your eyes have
A non-defined color
And, perhaps because of this,
You ​can see the other tones in everything

From the cold gray
Of few shades,
That I coldly plan,
You can identify a small
Sick pink
That motivates my grit

In the green-water lies
That I tell to please you.
You only see the red
Bloody one
That burns me!
You see the invisible notes
With your eyes

Which color, then,
My mother,
Is the soul
That I have mixed
With mine?
__________

Alexandre Dantas is a doctor, teacher and writer. He was born and lived most of his life in one of the driest backlands of Brazil - where he returned 4 years ago, working as a rural doctor. He created the project "A Medicina Rural" on Instagram (@amedicinarural) in order to give visibility to the rural spaces in which he works and voice to the people who live in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment